I've used this pink canvas purse for a few years now, and since it has been practically destroyed by being dropped in the graying snow millions of time, I figured I would try to make it something new with a little paint. Although I washed it several times, it is still stained. The only thing fresh about it now is the painting, but I love it, so it is still being carried. Here is the process of the reinvention. Inspired by summer heat, fierce invalids home from hot climates, andy, and an undieing love for mexican day of the dead folk art.
1. The old purse. Formerly a baby pink, now a dirty amalgm of pink and gray.
2. I made a transfer of the design I wanted to do, drawing lines to let myself know where some shading begins and ends.
3. I transfered said design onto the bag in pencil.
4. I began painting the bag using acrylics and textile medium.
5. Color color all around! All the colors used were individually made, because I am a sucker for the unique.
6. This is the finished product. I'm pretty happy with it.
7. Lastly, the bag flap left open to dry.
Inside, on the front pocket is a small heart with the saying, "viva mucho. muera un poco" attached. Translated, it means "live a lot. die a little." a refference to orgasms, or what Billy Shakespeare calls "little deaths."
- Current Music:Thunderbirds Are Now! - From:skulls