I have finally found the time to finish this shirt! Between getting 2 new puppies and a new job while being promoted within 3 months. I have been very busy and I am really happy to finally be sewing again!
I used Vogue 8772 and some clearance fabric I got from Joann’s. If you want to see more about the shirt, or the puppies, you can click on the picture below!
I found a Google docs DMC floss spreadsheet inventory list and started sorting. In 6ish hours of on-and-off sorting, I have inventoried all my floss in skeins, and a couple of boxes of wound floss (I think I still have about 6 boxes of wound floss to go through). What I have discovered so far is that:
- There are some colors I really like (3 or more skeins).
- I don’t need to buy black, white, or ecru for a very long time.
- Dye lots change significantly over the years (some of my older floss is probably three decades old, but even skeins of the same color number purchased more recently are very different).
- I don’t really like loose skeins in bags, and I don’t like having to reorganize the wound floss in the typical storage boxes, as adding bobbins takes a lot of work shifting around the existing bobbins. (I think what I’d really love is the wooden DMC skein boxes)
- I won’t be taking advantage of the sale this time around!
Does anyone have a storage solution that they really like? Do you prefer skeins or bobbins, and why?
Edit: I found a small weaving project that will fit the bill!